Well, we got the letter in the mail yesterday: the one I've been
expecting, based on what the VA has said about whose files were lost,
and the fact that they would send letters to veterans who might be
affected....the one that says my husband's information was on the drive.
But, they tell us, apparently thinking it will make us feel better, no
health information was on the hard drive, only things like the SSN.

I forgot to look at the envelope to see if the VA had to pay postage,
or if the PO had to deliver those 16.5 million letters at no cost.

Christine

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Information Services Librarian
Conrad N. Hilton Library:
http://www.ciachef.edu/admissions/about/library.asp
The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1322
fax (845) 451-1092

Learn more about The World's Premier Culinary College
at www.ciachef.edu