On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Roy Webb wrote:

> so we were on the desk with fleece coats, hats, and fingerless gloves.

 	Here in paradise, our library is almost always freezing (trying to
control humidity as well st temp.) and the archives more so. I have a full
array of wool sweaters, long underwear, etc. that I wear regulary (leaving
work in the afternoon in the summer is a preview of Hades).

> But it so happens that we get a patron in who's convinced that there are
> Viking ships hidden in Arizona lakes, who likes to quote out loud long
> passages of some book he got out of our collection, who wants us all to
> talk at length about his particular research obessions.

	Must be a relative of a patron of ours long ago who for years
berated us for hiding the material that would prove Hawaiians were one of
the lost tribes of Israel.

Ellen Chapman
Archives
Univ. of Hawaii Library