If you could reply to the list, I would be very interested in how this
came to be...I would imagine with such schools like his alma mater
Morehouse or Spellman in Atlanta, or Hampton, Tuskegee, or Howard in the
south, there would be a way to get these important papers to an academic
institution for the good of all, and not have them end up in a safe in
someones den or in a storage facility...

I know I am being a naive graduate student when I say this, but I hope
the issue is not about money.  Being new to the listeserv and the
community, what were the King family's issues with BU?