Ray's points are very well taken. Many people call me an "archivist." I'm not. When they do, I
explain to them that archivists have special training that I do not have, and that to call an
unqualified person like me an archivist is an insult to real archivists.

Cheers!

Eric (an old-fashioned scholar-librarian who happens to run the archives here too)

Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library
Lecturer, Center for Bioethics and Humanities
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210
<http://www.upstate.edu/library/history/> -- 315-464-4585
Owner, Gegensatz Press <http://www.gegensatzpress.com/>