I think the original post pointed to a problem: HR departments.  We (librarians, archivists, museum studies people, et al.) should all be on the same team, whatever our particular combination of degrees, letters, experience, etc.  But HR departments like nice, neat categories, and therefore jobs may be closed to people who don't "fit" despite experience or expertise.  I know I will probably face this as a History PhD. getting my archival certificate (and despite having around 15 years experience in various capacities in various libraries but no MLS).