My apologies for any repeat queries, as I am a first
time poster.

My institution is currently digitizing our legacy hard
copy records, but I am interested in considering how
user needs might change the priority of the documents
we are scanning in, or our scanning procedure.  We
will have users from the technical and scholarly
communities, as well as from the general public. Can
anyone offer practical examples of ways user needs
can/should drive digitization?

Also, up to now we have been borrowing a Fujitsu fi
5750 scanner, which has both flatbed and bulk- feeding
capacity.  Our records are mostly letter-sized and in
good shape, and speed is a priority, so we have found
the bulk feeding option to work well for our purposes.
 Now we have an opportunity to purchase a scanner -
any particular recommendations?

Many thanks,
Kim Braun, Digital Library Project Archivist