ARCHIVES Digest - 12 Jun 2006 to 13 Jun 2006 (#2006-161)

I think the principal difference in costs for scanning glass plate negatives as opposed to safety base or diacetate negs is the extra care involved in handling them. We  encountered some difficulties with the Newton Rings phenomenon in a recent project that required us to flip the negative and use matting to protect the emulsion. [log in to unmask] can provide some details on this.

I think the costs are less related to the actual scanning and more about the costs of proper enclosures and storage of the glass….

Rob Spindler, University Archivist and Head

Archives and Special Collections

Box 871006

Tempe AZ 85287-1006

Direct 480.965.9277 FAX 480.965.0776