I am not an expert on the CBS archives but I do know that if the program was
a news program produced by CBS itself -  it is likely in the archive in the
News archive in  New York. You can call the general number there and ask for
the news archive.

If it is an entertainment program it may be in CBS  Television City in LA.
Where there is an archive. You would have to call there.

If the show was produced on a contract basis and therefore not belong to
CBS, it likely would not be in their archives- unless you happen to get
lucky. The best place might be the production company (if you can find
them).

There are other options which may be more fruitful. The Library of Congress
will likely have a copy if copyright was filed for - so you have a good shot
there. Also I would try the Museum of Television of Radio which has a large
collection and deep roots with CBS.

Starting with these places will likely get you more information and places
to look.

Jim Lindner
. Email: [log in to unmask]
. Media Matters LLC.
. Note New Address: 450 West 31st Street 4th FL
New York, N.Y. 10018
. eFax (646) 349-4475
. Mobile: (917) 945-2662
. www.media-matters.net
Media Matters LLC. is a technical consultancy specializing in archival audio
and video material. We provide advice, analysis, and products to media
archives that apply the beneficial advances in technology to collection
management.