It is time to get your commemorative shirt! These one of a kind, limited
edition beauties are on sale now for a pre-meeting price of just $17.
You don't have to be attending the 2006 joint SAA/NAGARA/CoSA meeting
July 30-August 5, 2006 in Washington DC to get one.

This year, in recognition of our meeting in Washington, D.C., home of
the Red, White, and Blue; patriotism; and the Nationals we offer this
lovely image.  http://www.lib.lsu.edu/SAA/2006tshirt.html

What is it? In an effort to raise money for the First World War, the
government promoted early Christmas shopping to
speed up the receipt of sales taxes. This Christmas poster, and others,
were commissioned by the Federal government in
hopes of generating federal taxes to assist in paying the costs of the
War through Liberty bonds. The artist, Haskell Coffin, was a well-known
magazine illustrator, figure, and portrait painter in New York City
famous for his use of the allegorical female figure in many of the
patriotic and war support posters he designed. The T-shirt printed in
four-colors on patriotic blood red 100 percent cotton. You definitely
will be a trend setter wherever you go in this shirt!

Order in advance to take advantage of a $3 savings and order in advance
to ensure that you get the size you want!
Your order and check must be in hand no later than July 14, 2005. If you
don't order in advance, shirts for sale at the meeting will be $20.
Anyone requiring their shirt be shipped to them needs to add $4.05 to
the shirt price to cover postal fees.  Profits go to support SAA
approved Section activities.

Please contact me for information on placing your order.

--
Miriam Meislik
Archivist/

http://www.library.pitt.edu/libraries/archives/archives.html
http://digital.library.pitt.edu/pittsburgh
http://images.library.pitt.edu/pghphotos

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
--Steven Wright