I haven't had that exact conversation but I had an interesting
conversation with my great aunt about 5 years ago that went something
like this.

"Your grandmother told me you went back to school.  What is the degree
for?"

"I'm getting my degree to become an archivist."

"AN ANARCHIST!!!!!!  I can't believe they have a degree for that.  Why
would a god-loving American like yourself turn to anarchy?"

"No, not an anarchist, an archivist."

"(puzzled look)"

"a librarian"

"that make's more sense!"