I've just unearthed a closet full of printing plates that had been
walled in many years ago. (Our construction project is yielding all
sorts of treasures.) These plates were used to produce full color
illustrations of art objects that were generally tipped into
publications.  Some are copper, some are metal. Our publications
department has indicated that they are only interested in the copper
plates.  If anyone has experience with printing plates or can offer
recommendations about keeping or not keeping them, please contact me.
Thanks.

Leslie Cade
Archivist & Records Manager
The Cleveland Museum of Art