Everyone:
I can used the advise/opinions of anyone who has had deal with anything
similar to the following:

I am responsible for the archivist duties in our newly-formed county
government division (September 2005) and am very concerned because our
archives are spread throughout different buildings, in the hands of
different departments, and none of the documents are appropriately
housed, in my opinion. I have tried to make a dent in boxing and
wrapping them but I have not yet been successful in raising the
awareness level of the Powers That Be regarding their living conditions.
I apologize if the List has already discussed this matter but I would
greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who cares to share their
experiences in this area. I have worked in government long enough not to
expect miracles but I feel like I could be doing more with respect to
caring for our archives.

As always, many thanks!

Patricia A. Martinelli
Historian
Cumberland County Division of Archives and Records Management
790 E. Commerce Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
856-453-2234