Read your bio and saw that you started your career as an archivist at NARA's Ford Presidential Library.  Way to go, it's GREAT to see a former NARA NL employee rise and do well.  It sounds as if you will be a great asset at Michigan and although I don't know you, I wish you well.

Congrats!!

Maarja

>>> Paul L Conway <[log in to unmask]> 6/28/2006 11:30 AM >>>

Colleagues,

I write to let you know that I have accepted an appointment as Associate
Professor in the University of Michigan's School of Information.  I will
take up my research and teaching duties in September.

My work at Michigan will focus on archives, preservation, digital
libraries, and digital content management and the ways these things
intersect from the perspective of users.  I will also be recruiting
students who wish to pursue doctoral degrees in these areas.

I look forward to working with many of you directly and indirectly over the
coming years. I remain completely committed to developing the
interconnections between the research enterprise and the very practical
challenges that we all face in archives and in preserving our cultural
heritage in all formats.

The following is a press release from the University of Michigan describing
my new assignment.

http://www.si.umich.edu/about-SI/news-detail.htm?NewsItemID=553

After September 1 I can be reached at:

Paul Conway