At 09:56 AM 6/1/2006 -0500, Barnickel, Linda (Library) wrote:
>Whew! Anyone have any thoughts/ideas/opinions/suggestions on something
>like this? Is one of these examples "more correct" or "more
>acceptable/standard" than the others?

I see a lot of this.  I do not treat them as records (whether or not they
are records is debatable, theoretically they could be), because these are
not retained permanently in our records retention schedule.  They do,
however, fall within our collecting policy for curriculum material.  So,
your author is NOT the school as the government body, or the class as a
government body, or the teacher as a government official.  What you have is
a compilation of many individuals' writings.  If you wish, you might
consider using that person as a "collector" of an artificial
collection.   I do not give any term of responsibility for such works (with
a nod to AACR2) because there are more than 3 authors.

Some examples: (if clicking doesn't work, copy and paste the line into your
browser's "go" box)

http://lms01.harvard.edu/F/?func=find-c&CCL_TERM=SYS%3D%28009771332%29&adjacent=1
http://lms01.harvard.edu/F/?func=find-c&CCL_TERM=SYS%3D%28009877394%29&adjacent=1
http://lms01.harvard.edu/F/?func=find-c&CCL_TERM=SYS%3D%28008414361%29&adjacent=1