Friends~    Each June Southeast Alaskan Natives hold a conference called "Celebration".  Celebration meets in Juneau every other year (alternate years in other Southeast Alaska communities).  Representatives from aboriginal groups from around the globe are invited.

One of the convention's highlights is a procession in traditional dress, accompanied by traditional musical instruments.  When the conference is in Juneau the route proceeds from the Alaska Native Brotherhood & Alaska Native Sisterhood Hall up Willoughby Avenue to Centennial Hall, our municipal auditorium.  The State Archives has a ring-side seat, since our office and reading room fronts Willoughby, across form Centennial Hall.

This year Amy Russell of our staff took photographs.

Anyone who'd like to see up to eight images (Don't get exited.  I didn't get carried away.  Amy took 63 images!) please contact me.

Regards,
Larry Hibpshman, Archivist 2
Alaska State Archives
141 Willoughby Avenue