From: Tanya Elder <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:12:02 -0400
Subject: IRS Archives loses bid to control its archives?

I was looking at the blog site Boing Boing which led to the site The
Consumerist and an article from an anonymous IRS insider. Since it's
anonymous and in the land of blogs, I just thought I'd pass it along.
Please don't shoot the messenger.

Anybody know anything about this?

BREAKING: IRS Archive Control Sold to Lowest Bidder
An anonymous tipster writes that the IRS lost a bid yesterday and its
archives will now be controlled by a company in Florida.
http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/irs/breaking-irs-archive-control-sold
-
to-lowest-bidder-177771.php

Society
of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES