Dear List,

My apologies to all.  I am aware that the list does not accept Attachments to messages, hence I tried to send the images as embedded within my message, hoping to circumvent the attachment problem.  Obviously from the messages I have received to this point indicate that the list still considered the images an attachment rather than part of the message itself.  If anyone has suggestions as to how to include the images within the body of the message in such a way as to get around this, please let me know.  I love to learn new things.

I do sincerely apologise for the difficulty.

Pam Speis

"Pamela L. Speis" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Subject: mystery photograph - help in identification

Dear List:

Recently a patron allowed our historical society to make a high resolution scan of an original photograph of a group of women, all dressed alike in white/light colored “uniforms” in which his grandmother was one.  His grandmother was a resident of Youngstown, Ohio for her adult life, placing this photograph probably in our area.

My question is two fold:  Neither the donor nor staff here at the historical society recognize the “uniform” outfit the ladies are wearing, nor have we had any luck matching up the building partially visible in the background.  Would any of you recognize, or have any thoughts as to what type of group or organization this image may be of.  The donor theorized that perhaps it was a service group, nursing group, or related organization about the time of World War I.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Included is a copy of the entire image and also a close-up of one section, hopefully showing enough of the outfit the ladies are wearing to make identification possible.

Close-up of part of image.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Pamela L. Speis

Archivist

Mahoning Valley Historical Society

648 Wick Avenue

Youngstown, OH 44502

Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.