We usually remove the contents of the restricted file from the box and keep
those with the control file for the collection. If there is a restriction,
there is usually some sort of documentation that explains why the contents
are removed so it makes sense for us to keep it together. As for the folder
that is left in the box, we usually write "RESTRICTED until MM/DD/YYYY" next
to the title. So far, we haven't had anyone request a restricted file.

I hope this helps!

Adriana

Adriana P. Cuervo
Assistant Archivist for Music and Fine Arts
Sousa Archives and Center for American Music
238 Harding Band Building, MC-524
1103 South Sixth Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Tel. (217) 244-9309