Hello,

First of all, Thank You for all your help and advice. I think my archival skills are improving each day.

But I'm still a little confused.  I had a question before like the first person who asked the question about
accessioning photocopies.  As I've mentioned before, we get lots of photocopies from donors such as
newspaper clippings, photographs, certificates, etc. about American servicewomen.  And usually my
supervisor automatically considers those items as "archival/permanent collections." However, I've read in an
online course that it doesn't mean that it came from a donor or that the item is old that it should
automatically be considered as "archival or historical record."  So what should be done? Should we put the
donated photocopies in vertical or reference file? What is the right process?

Can a photocopy of an original item (ex. newspaper) with no added notes from the donor be considered as
archival/historical material? Or what if the photocopy has some notes from the donor, does that mean it's
archival/historical?

Also, in similar situation, my supervisor automatically considers donated military books as "archival/
permanent collections" merely because they were donated.  And so now, she keeps them in the storage room
as oppose to putting them in the library and making them accessible.  I don't really know what to think or do.
Once again, as I've read in an online course, it doesn't mean someone donates an old object it automatically
becomes "archival."  And so, what is the right process?

I'm confused. My supervisor says one thing and the articles and courses I have read and taken says another
thing.

Please help. Thank You very much.

Confused,
Rona