A few D.C. meeting announcements from the Visual Materials Section:

First, we are pleased to announce that our D.C.-issue ever-trendy and
uber-fashionable annual meeting t-shirts are available for advance purchase
via the Section website! They look impressive on everyone -- not just VM
members! See announcement below, or go straight to:
http://www.lib.lsu.edu/SAA/2006tshirt.html

*** VM Section meeting: As part of the D.C. meeting, the Section will be
meeting on Friday, Aug. 4th from 12:15 to 2:15.  In addition to Section
business,  Michelle Delaney will be our guest speaker. Michelle is
Associate Curator of the Photographic History Collection at the National
Museum of American History. She'll be telling us about her collecting
efforts focused on snapshot photography of the World War II era.

*** T-Shirts:  In the special June 2006 issue of VIEWS (online) is a VM
Section 2006 T-Shirt order form. This eye-catching red shirt with a full
color image from a WWI Liberty Bond poster is available in a limited
supply. Advance purchase advised, as they could go quickly at August's
extra-large joint meeting. Get yours before those NAGARA and CoSa folks
snatch them up! (Thanks to Miriam Meislik for designing and producing these
shirts, once again.)
All VIEWS issues:
http://www.lib.lsu.edu/SAA/views.html

*** A special off-program tour has been organized for VM Section members
for Wed., Aug. 2. We will be hosted at the Archives Center of the
Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History, starting at
1:00pm.  The tour will be lead by the Center's Curator of Photography David
Haberstich.  There is a limit of 25 VM members for this tour, so please
RSVP to [log in to unmask] to secure your spot and get logistical
details.

*** the annual VM Bookfair will be held in the exhibit hall during the
morning of Friday, Aug. 4th and at the Section Meeting that afternoon.
Also, stop by our section "office hours" at the exhibit hall that morning.
See the April issue of VIEWS, page 7 for details.

*** We will also have our traditional dinner out, with plans still pending.
(Thursday evening, Aug 3 is likely date. Check bulletin boards at the
meeting if you miss details in advance!)

--James Eason

P.S.
Also note: The April issue of Views is also quite new. Be sure to visit
both issues for your VM updates!
http://www.lib.lsu.edu/SAA/views.html

James Eason
Chair, Visual Materials Section