I'd posted a while ago about protection from water damage.  Our
insurance company is requiring we do something to protect our
collections from water damage that might result from leaks from the
floor above, a burst pipe, sprinklers, etc.  We're now looking into
covering our shelves and flat files with polyester sheeting but are
unsure of the best way to secure the sheeting.  We're also looking for a
mechanism that will make it relatively easy to raise and lower the
sheeting in order to access the collections.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Beth Kleber

--

Beth Kleber

Archivist

Milton Glaser Design Study Center and Archives

Visual Arts Foundation

380 2nd Avenue, 2nd floor

New York, NY 10010

tel: 212.592.2636