From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mitch Brown
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CD Rom Preservation

I am currently working on a collection that has CD Roms in it.  They are in various cases (cardboard, plastic).  I have a fairly simple question (I think).  Is it preferable to keep the media inside the case it comes in or should I take them out and put them into CD sleeves?  Will the acids in the cardboard and anything else negatively affect the integrity of the media?