I don't think the general public is necessarily interested in *historical
government documents*, unless your a reporter or history buff or doing a
thesis....hence no real general public interest...general is the key word
here....

Now, on the other hand...the general public sure would be interested in all
those old county deeds and wills...:)

And remember, we have an internet...why should I visit an archive say in the
east that would cost me well over $5,000.00 say for maybe a 3 or 4 day
trip...when with a click of my mouse I could explore what you have in image
form....:)

You see, when you can relate to them, they are interested....but I think
most of us think of a state archive as the repository for old *government*
documents, not necessarily anything that would be of interest to
them...remember, us babyboomers are looking for a hobby....:)

Sorry, just had to push for all us family historians that are locked out of
so much research at the state archives because we live so far from
them....:(

MicroSoft coined a good word...User Friendly....ok, so I don't know if
Microsoft coined that but let's face it, whatever Bill Gates did, sure made
him wealthy...a true American story....:)

Charlotte
Coats Archive
http://www.coatsarchive.us