Dear Mrs. Braun,

recently we got your request concerning the acquisition of a new scanner
with following text:

"My apologies for any repeat queries, as I am a firsttime poster. My
institution is currently digitizing our legacy hardcopy records, but I am
interested in considering how user needs might change the priority of the
documents we are scanning in, or our scanning procedure.  We will have users
from the technical and scholarly communities, as well as from the general
public. Can anyone offer practical examples of ways user need scan/should
drive digitization? Also, up to now we have been borrowing a Fujitsu fi 5750
scanner, which has both flatbed and bulk- feeding capacity.  Our records are
mostly letter-sized and in good shape, and speed is a priority, so we have
found the bulk feeding option to work well for our purposes. Now we have an
opportunity to purchase a scanner - any particular recommendations?

Many thanks,

Kim Braun, Digital Library Project Archivist"

We just a few days later posted our letter and forwarded the questions of a
well renamed German enterprise which has offers concerning your request.

We repeat the mail posted to you at least:

"Dear Kim,

concerning your request to [log in to unmask], 11.06.2006

we need the following criteria to give you a qualified concrete offer for an
adequat scanner.

1) what's the  max. opt. solution you need  ?

2) how many papers / bulk are worked out daily ?

3) is the material to be scanned colour / gray with upgrades or bitonal ?

4) Are the papers, hardcopys fixed with metal clips ?

5) Should  the scanned material to be stored on CDs ?

and

6) Is there an archive specific catchword system (-> depositum) necessary ?

Please can you answer theses questions as soon as possible to support your
request.

With kind regards

Ulrike-Christiane Lintz
Michael-Mario Lintz

http://www.museo-on.com
Museums and Database Management Agency
Lintz / Lintz GbR * Germany
Schweitzertalstr.20
66440 Blieskastel-Bierbach
Tel.: 0049 (0) 6842 - 53 68 47"

Please can you tell us, whether you are interested in further contacts ?

For further questions please take a look to our portal: www.museo-on.com, or
give us an advice how to work together.

On the top, left corner of our portal you can find by a click the english
translation.

We as a Museums-, Database Agency and Consultants are working together with
many enterprises.

with best wishes and kind regards

Ulrike Christiane Lintz
Michael Mario Lintz