Very Wise Members of the Intergalactic Archives Listserv~

I'm trying to help a patron who needs plan drawings of an abandoned Alaskan fish cannery, ca. 1930.  The name he gave was "Port Ashton Cannery", although I suspect that isn't the most important fact for finding the relevant records (if they still exist).  I suspect that Port Ashton was part of the Alaska Packers Association at some point during its existence.

When I started work here (lowe these 18 years ago, now) I had a publication that I thought the corporate archives that had the records published about its collection.  I know that the Alaska State Library Historical Collections has some Alaska packers records and I'm told so does Western Washington University.  I haven't contacted WWU yet, but I know that my patron has inquired at the Alaska State Library and they don't have drawings.

The publication I remember was produced by a corporate archives and indicated that in the great world of corporate mergers its company now owned what is left of Alaska packers.  Somehow I recall that Nabisco was involved.

Anyone who can clear up this conundrum for me, or point me in the right direction ~ or if you happen to be the corporate archivist, please contact me off list.  I'll be grateful.

Regards,
Larry Hibpshman, Archivist 2
Alaska State Archives
A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List sponsored by the Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org. For the terms of participation, please refer to http://www.archivists.org/listservs/arch_listserv_terms.asp.