I have enjoyed reading and learned much from the posts regarding History versus Library degrees, etc. I come from a different perspective entirely. I do not have a Masters degree in either, yet I rely on my history BA and what I have learned first as a Student Assistant, then from undergraduate Archival classes, as well as through various Archival Processing positions. I also rely on conferences and workshops as well as on-line resources (this listserv included as invaluable!) to provide continuing education.  At this point I have been free-lancing successfully, working occasionally for an educational institution, the National Wildlife Service, and many local museums and historical societies. This has suited my limited time schedule (family health issues), but I look forward to the day when I can financially afford to obtain a Masters degree and/or certification.

Robin Kennedy
Project Archivist
PO Box 100
Alpha, MI 49902

"We are God's children, and if we ever got that through our heads thoroughly and understood that completely, we would never do a small thing, we could never say a cross word. We would not use bad language. We would not criticize anybody. We would love everyone the way the Savior loves us."
Marjorie Pay Hinkley