That's nothing -- recently I've been Googling up old USENET posts I wrote back in 1990 or thereabouts on topics I'd long since lost any interest in, as well as some truly wretched attempts at fiction I had for whatever reason decided to share with the known universe.  At least in the old days a bad author could simply burn the manuscript!   :)

Regards,
Tom Bruno
Access Services
Widener Library

Charlotte Coats <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Ah, come on now...if the politicians can explain away past statements surely
that will work here as well....:)

I mean we all grow, mature, say things we ought not to, change our minds,
gather new information on an idea, play devils advocate and on and on and
on...and if an employer is going to hold you to a something you said 10
years ago, I don't think I'd want to work for him or her or whatever....:)

But I gotta tell ya, sending a private abusive off list message to the list
is a good way to stop that sort of thing...

My rule of thumb, if I wouldn't say it to the list, maybe I ought not say it
at all....:)  and then I hit the send button....:)

Charlotte
Life can really get bogged down in the minutia

For the terms of participation, please refer to http://www.archivists.org/listservs/arch_listserv_terms.asp .

     In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
                   *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES

Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>