Oh my – I know this question may just start kicking up the archival education dust storm that seems to be settling……

I have been asked by a non-information professional who is considering switching careers about schools for archival degrees or concentrations that offer online classes. I know of several library programs that are done mostly online, but none that have the archives part of the equation. Many schools in the DC area also allow part-time students, and I will let her know about those; she specifically asked me, however, how to get her education online.

I'm also going to encourage her to volunteer at a local repository (maybe mine! I could use the help!) to get her feet wet and make sure this is right for her.

One thing about archives – I do not merely have a job, I have a career.

Thanks!

-Heather

Heather Crocetto

Archivist

Virginia Room, Arlington County Public Library

Phone: (703) 228-7724

Fax: (703) 228-7720