It looks like Amy will resolve many of the cataloging questions; WorldCat is like gold, IMHO.

I might also suggest that the Texas chapter of Special Libraries Association (SLA) might be a possible source; there are likely other collections holding those titles or similar, cousinly titles, and those call numbers can guide you in how you catalog.  I assume these are geology/petroleum/etc., as to subject matter. There might be some peculiarities on a few of the books, but I believe the real problematic ones remaining could be directed to a major TX library which holds a strong petroleum/energy collection. I would hope a cataloger there could shed some light on the really tough ones.  In addition, there is a Petroleum & Energy Resources division within SLA.   One can pull these up by going to http://www.sla.org, then exploring SLA communities.

Also, if Amy's collection is small, then more general cataloging might suffice instead of super in-depth.

Sharon Lee Butcher, MLS, MSO

Reference Librarian

AEDC Technical Library

100 Kindel Drive, Ste C212