Hi Colleagues –

I am dealing with a reference request here that has many layers…

One thing that I’m trying to track down (and not having any success) is an individual – C.J. Foley of Boston.

He apparently was a music agent circa 1930. I’m working from a music program of October 19, 1930, from a concert that was at Chicago’s Orchestra Hall that day. Geraldine Farrar (the opera and silent film screen star) and Valentin Pavlovsky, pianist performed.

C.J. Foley is listed at the bottom of the program, “Direction, C.J. Foley: Boston, Massachusetts”.

Does anyone have an idea about C.J. Foley, or in lieu of that, an appropriate institution (and/or contact person) to talk with on this?

Thanks in advance!

Alison Stankrauff

Archivist and Assistant Librarian

Franklin D. Schurz Library