I might be out of place for this discussion since I have not taken the MLS yet. But I think it's unfair that a lot of the jobs strictly require that applicants must have already received an MLS degree, because it blocks people like me who are hard-working and have gained valuable archival and preservation experiences from internships, workshops, and previous employment.  I would like to work in a better organization and I believe I have what it takes. Unfortunately, there are so many jobs that I've already passed since I'm not qualified for it merely because I don't have the Master's diploma. Don't get me wrong, I am pro education and I am now thinking of getting the degree since it's a "must" in this field, but I just think it's a little unfair that people like me aren't given the chance to develop in prestigious places just because you don't have the proper degree.

I hope I'm wrong. Still trying.