From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Sharon Silengo
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 11:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Charles Graham sketches

In the process of re-housing our collection at the State Historical
Society of North Dakota we recently discovered a set of thermo-faxes of
sketches by Charles Graham, who accompanied General Rosser in the 1872
expedition to survey the route for the Northern
Pacific Railroad.  According to the notes with the thermo-faxes we
received them from the University of West Virginia on 19 June 1964,
depicting scenes of the Dakotas and their people by Charles Graham.
However upon contacting the University of West Virginia about the
sketches we found this to be incorrect information.

So now we are asking for assistance in locating these sketches--we
would be interested in possibly using them in an upcoming exhibit for
our new interpretive center at the Chateau de Mores.

We thank you in advance for any assistance you may render,

Sharon Silengo
Photo Archivist
North Dakota Heritage Center
State Historical Society of North Dakota
612 East Boulevard Avenue
Bismarck ND 58505-0830
1-701-328-3563
FAX 1-701-328-2650
http://www.nd.gov/hist/sal/infph

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
For the terms of participation, please refer to