Re: degree requirements are good and necessary
Hello everyone,

Richard Cox writes:

... it would be very useful for individuals who post messages to have at least some idea what they are commenting on.

I reply:

I couldn't agree more!  I also think it's very useful to provide clarification when your own comments are unclear.  In reply to my previous questions, would you consider paraphrasing answers from your many essays? I think we would all appreciate a learned reply from someone who actually does have an idea of what he is commenting on.

Richard Cox writes:

I am signing off of this one, and perhaps others can join in or, more mercifully, just let the discourse disappear.

I reply:

That's an unique perspective.  Many have found this current thread to be very important and interesting, regardless of how they come down on the issue.  It has brought lurkers out of the woodwork and challenged conventional thinking on an issue. I've always assumed that educators cherish such moments, especially when the topic deals with his or her specific field of study.  As a graduate student in a reputable MLIS program, I find the topic not only of considerable intellectual interest, but extremely relevant too.

Thanks very much!
John