From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Marion Sumerianlibrarian
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: archivist garners record earnings ! ! !

from the "allen ginsberg trust" lifeline page, note
the percentage of total amount of sale that is
allocated to archivist, which calculates to a fee per
annum of . . . .

Allen sells archive to Stanford University; purchases
NY loft 1994

Allen transfers a trove of life's work, photos,
artifacts, manuscripts, etc. - the result of ten years
of archiving efforts - to Stanford University in
California for $1 million and buys a modest but
comfortable loft space in New York's East Village to
serve as his home and office.

The net proceeds are less than expected - Allen quips:
"The Federal Government, 38 percent. The state 12
percent, the city 6. My agent took 5, the archivist
who worked on the project for 10 years, 10. I was left
with a third. I bought the loft. Now I'm back to
square one."

oy, gevalt-nik! was my face red when i graduated with
a degree in archives?!!!

http://www.allenginsberg.org/lifeline.php

For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES