>I wonder
> who else was somewhat insulted by the fact that, when Mary Beth introduced
> herself as "the archivist for PNC/Riggs Bank," the reporter's voice-over
> comes back with, "But she is selling herself short; Mary Beth Corrigan is
> a 'history detective.'"

I didn't hear the report, but I wouldn't have been insulted by the
description. After all, it's true! Hardly a day goes by that I'm not asked
to find or verify an obscure piece of history, or clarify the history of
the Daughters of Charity for someone outside the Community. If that
doesn't make me a history detective I don't know what does.

If the announcer had said that Mary Beth looked after "the corporate
attic", or some such - now THAT would have been insulting.

Carole Prietto
Daughters of Charity West Central Province
St.Louis

PS - Looking for a roommate at SAA. Anyone have an open slot in their room
for a female/nonsmoker?  Thanks!