I am processing a collection of photos from the 1950's and 60's and have
come upon a group of strange ones. They seem to be made of some sort of
celluloid or acetate with what appears to be silk on the back. Can
anyone tell me what these are actually made of, what is the purpose of
this type of photo, and do I need to store them in a different
environment than regular photo prints? Thank you in advance for any
information and advice.

Terri L. Raburn
Reference Supervisor
Emporia State University Archives