The June 2006, Vol. 76, No. 6, issue of subject journal has four feature
articles on the interstate system in the US. An interesting picture is in
the "Editor's Note" as well.  These articles explore the history and the
future of this interstate system, which we copied from our German friends.

http://www.pubs.asce.org/WWWsrch.cgi

Sharon Lee Butcher, MLS, MSO
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library