Forgive me if someone's posted this previously and I missed it -

A few months ago I posted about wikis and possible archives use.  Over
at Archival Swicki

http://archival-swicki.eurekster.com/

it looks like someone is way ahead of me, playing with tags, links,
and other archival information on the web.  The experimental page was
put together by Ishush, a librarian with a blog.  He writes about the
experiment in swikis here:

http://ishush.blogspot.com/2006/07/swicki-geek-out.html

It's just getting started, but I'm watching it because I'm considering
building something along these lines for our photo archives, since it
would allow students and users to create their own tags for images.
He also points out that swickis may be the way to take the confusion
out of sites like archive.org.

Elizabeth Keathley