On 7/3/06, Rita Knight-Gray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> A little help please
> I am alphabetizing letters for my collection.

you might want to purchase the following standard

Establishing Alphabetic, Numeric and Subject Filing Systems (ANSI/ARMA 12-2005).

This standard is intended to aid in the selection and application of a
filing system that will enable users to retrieve information when
needed. It describes three principal systems: alphabetic filing,
subject filing, and numeric filing. In addition, it contains standard
rules for indexing alphabetic data.
This standard will establish a uniform files classification system
that makes sense to the users while identifying and preserving a set
order of records. Three informative appendices include instructions
for indexing, factors to consider when using automated indexing
systems, and exceptions for alphabetic indexing.
Note: This consolidated standard replaces the Alphabetic Filing Rules
standard and three filing guidelines, Filing Procedures, Numeric
Filing, and Subject Filing, all of which are now out of print and no
longer available.

Member Price: $35.00
Non-Member Price: $55.00
ISBN: 1-931786-25-9