Dear Russell: A few suggested readings of many you might research:

See Richard Cox's paper on business ethics in the American Archivist and look in this List's Archives for the past 2-3 years for discussions on ethics codes. In addition see:

Ethical Problem Solving: When Institutions Compete for a Collection, Benedict, Karen M

Ethics and the Archival Profession: Introduction and Case StudiesBenedict, Karen M

Archives and the Public Good, Edited by Richard J. Cox, David A. Wallace
Political Pressure and the Archival Record, Edited by Margaret Procter, Michael G Cook, Caroline Williams
Unbridled Power: Inside the Secret Culture of the IRS, by Shelley L. Davis

You will find excerpt chapters and/or reviews on several of these as well as other papers on this subject in the HOT TOPICS/Ethics section of MyBestDocs.  Good luck with your paper. You picked a very interesting and very important subject.

Regards,

Rick
PS: you may also wish to contact Bruce Bruemmer, [log in to unmask] who has been looking at codes from the business archives perspective.

Rick Barry
www.mybestdocs.com
Cofounder, Open Reader Consortium
www.openreader.org