From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Rita Knight-Gray
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 10:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Alpha Order

A little help please
I am alphabetizing letters for my collection.
In business a company name like Walter J. Klein and Associates
would be put in order by the first name Walter since that is
the name of the company.   I am perplexed wouldn't that
apply to Foundation like Arthur Johnson Foundation under
the "A's"?  I have seen other Finding
Aids and organization names like The Rudolf Steiner School is
under Steiner and William C. Whitney Foundation is under Whitney.
Which is correct? Please help.

Rita

Project Archivist
The Icabod Flewellen Collection
Debra Ann November Learning Center
East Cleveland Public Library
East Cleveland, OH  44112
216.541.4128

For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES