From: H-Diplo [Ball] <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:51:10 -0400
Subject: ANNOUNCING H-INFO: H-Net Network for Information and
Information Institutions

ANNOUNCING H-INFO: H-Net Network for Information and Information
Institutions

Member of: H-Net: Humanities and Social Sciences Online

ABOUT I. The H-Info Network: Scope, Content, Purpose.

To subscribe, please check
http://www.h-net.org/lists/subscribe.cgi?list=H-Info

H-INFO includes
* the history and foundations of library and information
sciences;
* the history of libraries, archives, document-based
cultural
repositories, and other information institutions;
* the foundations and history of print culture; and
* reading and reception histories.

H-INFO is an arena in which the multiple interests of
librarian scholars, library historians, book historians, cultural
historians,
archivists, and information scientists can converge and, ideally, engage
and
enrich a broader community of discourse.

It is a revival of the H-LIS network which ran on H-Net from 1997-2000,
covering the interdisciplinary study of libraries and information
broadly
construed to include literacy and reading, print culture, libraries and
archives, computerization and automation, information retrieval and
documentation, and electronic information and communication.

H-INFO services include general dialogue, sharing of references,
syllabi, and other materials, reviewing of relevant books, and journals.

Like all H-Net lists, H-INFO is moderated to edit out material that,
in the editors' opinion, is not germane to the list, involves technical
matters (such as subscription management requests), is inflammatory, or
violates evolving, yet common, standards of Internet etiquette. H-Net's
procedure for resolving disputes over list editorial practices is
Article II, Section 2.20 of our bylaws, located at:

http://www.h-net.org/about/by-laws.php

H-INFO is currently edited by Betsy V. Martens
University of Oklahoma School of Library & Information Studies and
Matthew
Gilmore.

Logs and more information can also be located at:

http://www.h-net.org/~info

Check out the "resources" page at:
http://www.h-net.org/~info/resources.html
for
Academic Journals
Information-Related Organizations
Information-Related Projects

To join H-INFO, please send a message from the account where you wish
to receive mail, to:

(with no signatures or styled text, word wrap off for long lines) and
only this text:

sub H-INFO firstname lastname, institution
Example: sub H-INFO Leslie Jones, Pacific State U

Alternatively, you may go to http://www.h-net.org/lists/subscribe.cgi to
perform the same function as noted above.

Follow the instructions you receive by return mail.  If you have
questions or experience difficulties in attempting to subscribe, please
send a message to:

H-Net is an international network of scholars in the humanities and
social sciences that creates and coordinates electronic networks, using
a variety of media, and with a common objective of advancing humanities
and social science teaching and research. H-Net was created to provide a
positive, supportive, equalitarian environment for the friendly exchange
of ideas and scholarly resources, and is hosted by Michigan State
University. For more information about H-Net, write to
[log in to unmask], or point your web browser to:

http://www.h-net.org

--
Matthew Gilmore
H-Net Vice President, Networks