> Each year on our "birthday," I buy a sheet cake
> at Costco--for the record, out of my own pocket,
> less than $20--put it in the employee break room,
> and send an email to all the staff to help
> themselves.

In our building there's an interesting twist to that idea. We celebrate
staff birthdays, and the person celebrating the birthday treats the entire
staff (about 20 people)! What's fun about it is that each individual
treats in his or her own way. Some bring home-baked goodies, others bring
store-bought cake and punch, some go to a local bakery and bring bread or
pastries. It's like the proverbial box of chocolates - you never know what
you're gonna get :-)

In addition, the Sisters will throw a party for the staff to celebrate
certain feast days that are important to our Community, for Christmas, and
for Mardi Gras. Given our Province's connection to New Orleans, Mardi Gras
is a BIG production!

Carole Prietto
Daughters of Charity West Central Province
St. Louis