From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Dusty Hibbs
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Let them eat cake! (fomerly staff morale)

I recently had an intern who finished quite a large project.  I took him
=

to lunch and bought him a $10 gift card to the local video store so that
=

he and his wife might enjoy a weekend on me.  I think it's also
important=

to include interns as well (if you have them) because I vividly remember
=

being an underpaid (if paid at all) intern working through college.  =

While an intern myself, I had the wonderful experience of working with
an=

Archievs secretary who would get up at 5:00 am and make a special
birthda=
cake for that particular birthday person.  MMMM, warm chocolate pound
cak=
was always waiting on you first thing in the morning on your birthday.

Society of American Archivists, www.archivists.org.
For the terms of participation, please refer to

                    *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES