I've started using Google Scholar and notice it will put references
into five different formats with a click of the mouse.

Endnote

Bibtex

RefMan

RefWorks

WenXianWang

You will notice the difference between this list and the one below.
ProCite is missing and Bibtex and WenXianWang are added.

Any thoughts? Particularly on Bibtex, or Latex, the program it works
with.

Here's what the Wiki has to say about Bibtex, an open-source program.
BibΤΕΧ, written as BibTeX in plain text, is a tool for formatting
lists of references used by the LaTeX document preparation system.

BibTeX was created by Oren Patashnik and Leslie Lamport in 1985.
BibTeX makes it easy to cite sources in a consistent manner, by
separating bibliographic information from the presentation of this
information. This same principle of separation of content and
presentation/style is used by LaTeX itself, by XHTML and CSS, etc.

       San Francisco