At least take a quick look at the contents of each box. I worked on a
large collection that had a surprise - several dozen boxes of new
envelopes and stationery. Lovely for scratch paper, but it threw off my
calculations. On the other hand, items that need individual folders or
special containers could take up more space than expected.