The following account comes from another listserv. The individual
asked that their name and agency be kept anonymous. The account covers
the recent flooding in Washington DC

<snip>
The building where I work was flooded during the torrential rains the
week of June 25th.  The first day we were told the building would be
closed for a day and to stay home.  The second day we were told it
would be closed for the week.  By the third day, I was sent to a
meeting offsite to talk about business resumption where we were told
the building would be closed for a month.  From then on, our disaster
recovery program kicked into place and we relocated all critical
systems and people offsite.  This is the end of the third week and now
we are being told that the building will be closed for the next six
months at least to repair the structural damage done to the building
 from the floodwater (100 year flood).  We were lucky that we were able
to go back into the building to recover critical files and computer
equipment.  I guess we can look at this as a test for if there was a
real disaster where we couldn't go back and retrieve anything.  We had
the major publishing systems up and running by the end of the 4th day
and by this coming Monday all 2500+ people from the building will have
been relocated.  During the interim, many people were working from home
or sharing workspaces, conference rooms, break rooms, etc.  It's been
an experience...
<snip>

Peter A. Kurilecz
Richmond, Va