At 01:03 PM 7/25/2006, Cory Nimer wrote:
>One tool that I have used in the past to capture static HTML web
>sites is HTTrack (<http://www.httrack.com/>http://www.httrack.com/),
>an open source offline browsing utility.  Depending on what you are
>trying to capture it may work for you.

I use HTTrack to capture images of Web sites and have found it
generally very accurate, even if the user interface could be better.

While www.archive.org has good coverage, there are a few websites
that are important for my work that are not likely to survive in
their present form for as long as I need access to them, hence the copying.

I have also used it to check my own Web sites as well and to download
items other people have uploaded to my Web sites. While I could use
an ftp program for that, HTTrack is quite useful.

Cheers,

Richard