there are many times that if a hotel does not have wi fi my friends  will not stay there.

If you have a huge hotel it takes quite a bit to wire it up with all the  wireless access points....  you have to hook those in   or..... create a mesh network and use 5.8 gig for the  backhaul and  router to router...

I can understand why they want to charge for it.  They spent a lot to  hook it up or  had a concession do it and run it for them.

But..... I hate to pay it!

ed sharpe archivist for SMECC (who is also a network person)

There are ethernet connections in the rooms (for an exhorbitant and offensive
fee), and wireless in the lobby, also for a fee.

I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel without free Wifi. I've
stayed at Motel 6's that had free WiFi. In this day and age, lack of free Wifi
at an SAA conference hotel is unacceptable. When negotiating with hotels for
future meetings, I think we should petition SAA to make free WiFi one
requirement for selecting a hotel.

Lee Miller

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at  www.smecc.org

We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref. library  - please advise if you have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.                          Phone    623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301  USA