Dear Russell: A few suggested readings of many you might research:

See Richard Cox's paper on business ethics in the American Archivist and
look in this List's Archives for the past 2-3 years for discussions on ethics
codes. In addition see:

_Ethical Problem Solving: When Institutions Compete for a  Collection_
(http://www.archivists.org/catalog/pubDetail.asp?objectID=1660) ,  _Benedict, Karen
M_ (http://www.archivists.org/catalog/authorDetail.asp?authorID=1943)
_Ethics and the Archival Profession: Introduction and Case  Studies_
(http://www.archivists.org/catalog/pubDetail.asp?objectID=896) , _Benedict, Karen M_
(http://www.archivists.org/catalog/authorDetail.asp?authorID=1943)
_Archives  and the Public Good_
(http://www.greenwood.com/books/BookDetail.asp?sku=Q469) , Edited by _Richard J.  Cox_
(http://www.greenwood.com/catalog/author/C/3997.aspx) , _David A.  Wallace_
(http://www.greenwood.com/catalog/author/W/3998.aspx)
_Political  Pressure and the Archival Record_
(www.archivists.org/catalog/pubDetail.asp?objectID=1680) , Edited by _Margaret  Procter_
(http://www.archivists.org/catalog/authorDetail.asp?authorID=6333745) , _Michael  G Cook_
(http://www.archivists.org/catalog/authorDetail.asp?authorID=13534) , _Caroline
Williams_ (http://www.archivists.org/catalog/authorDetail.asp?authorID=6330043)
_Unbridled  Power_ (http://www.mybestdocs.com/barry-r-on%20sdavis.html) :
Inside the Secret Culture of the IRS, by Shelley L. Davis

You will find excerpt chapters and/or reviews on several of these as well  as
other papers on this subject in the HOT TOPICS/_Ethics_
(http://www.mybestdocs.com/ethics.htm)

section of MyBestDocs.  Good luck with your paper. You  picked a very
interesting and very important subject.

Regards,

Rick
PS: you may also wish to contact Bruce  Bruemmer, [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  who has  been looking at codes from the business archives
perspective.

Rick Barry
_www.mybestdocs.com_ (http://www.mybestdocs.com/)
Cofounder, Open Reader  Consortium
_www.openreader.org_ (http://www.openreader.org/)

In a message dated 7/6/2006 12:07:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,